Monday, February 14, 2011

TheRoad

hello ladies and Gens....

so for those of you who attended the movie night today this one is for you...

After I left class today i found myself asking myself a question...
"If I were in the exact same situation as was presented in the movie, what kind of person would I become?"
Would I be like the father, and hang on to the "good guy" role constantly questioning if suicide was the best option, or if dragging myself and my beloved son through the tortures of this life was going to be worth it in the end.
Would I take the easy way out like the man's wife, and commit suicide to end the troubled times for myself and leave my so called "loved ones" to fend for themselves.
Or would I become the "Bad guy" and do what it takes to win and survive and continue on another day.
Now if you ask yourself this question the quick answer is the obvious one. Be the good person and "do your best." But really? is that how you would do it? look into yourselves and really think about it. would you die for your opinion of yourself, or your so called "image?" or is society only civilized because FOR NOW we have the luxury of being so. when it comes down to it, and it becomes that cut throat world. do you take the quick and easy suicide? or do you fight for your survival holding on to what you believe is to be "right." or do you become the evil that we so quickly dismiss and survive off of others.

really ask yourself... what kind of person are you?

Cory Petrie

No comments: