Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Power in Music (what I think)

Last week in Power class we talked about music and how it can affect us in all sorts of ways.
And we all listen to music for different reason, and we listen to all different styles depending on our moods or personality.
For me music is very important in my everyday life no matter what time or what reason music is always there. Music can excite me, to calm me, to relax me and or to just pass time.
When we were asked to pick a song based around Power I personally found it challenging for the reason I didn’t know what song I wanted to use because I found so many songs that personally touched me and felt that were very soul touching and moving; some of the song where

Josh Groban: You raised me up, Your still you

Phil Collins: Though my eyes, Testify

Celine Dion: The Power of my Love, This Time, Alone

The song that I used was This Time song by Celine Dion which is a very powerful song and touches on real issues that happen to people on a daily bases and we don’t realize it.
Over all I think music help clear the soul on everyone no matter what we listen to.

If you want to listen to the song that i picked here is a link:(hope you like it)
http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=This%20Time&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#q=Celine%20dion%20This%20Time&emb=0

~Lyndsay

No comments: