Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And so It Comes to an End

I haven't been very active in the blogging, life has a way of getting in the way of things like that :)

But I'd like to reflect on something that I took away from this course that I thought was very valuable.

I remember one day Les saying something to the effect of "some people believe that we are born happy and then life gets in the way." It got me to thinking, when are you happiest? Isn't it always when you "get away" those times when you leave life and forget everything, just living in the single moment. Vacations, wild adventures, drunken nights. These aren't attempts to live life but attempts to escape it.

It's liek we all innately know that the lives with live drag us into misery and so we reward ourselves with a break.

So why do we do it in the first place?

It begins to give more credit to those spiritual orders that claim that materialism is the devil, the lives with live make us miserable.

This is all rather odd for me to say because I'm a fairly happy person, but I feel it. I feel life stressing me and messing with my head. Do I enjoy the rush and the spin and the crazy juggling act? Yes I do! It's exciting, but could this not be the same exciting as the excitement invoked by power. The bitter sweet emotion that lets us know that we're being wronged?

Have a great summer guys.

~Ryan Kirby

No comments: