Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Great Movie On Power

Listening to the course lecture the other day I remembered one of my favourite movies and how relevant the themes in it connect to what we're learning in the course. If anyone has ever seen the movie Revolver they would probably agree with me. This movie is a British action thriller that received low reviews and critics ratings in North America and thus never gained much popularity. It is, however, one of my personal favourites.

This movie follows the character of Jake Green through the dangerous underworld of gangs and drug lords as he fights for his life, and for ome measure of control in a world suddenly chaotic and volatile. The movie visits several themes we've touched on including, knowing your opponent, self control, the power of money, and the different levels of power. As Jake goes through the movie he has revelations about the rules governing power and learns how much control he actually has over himself.

This movie is exceptional and every time I watch it I take something new away. I would highly reccomend it to my peers as one of those rare movies that has the perfect balance of intrigue and fast paced action.

Thanks,
~R Kirby

No comments: